At the beginning of the month I accepted a Laughter Journal Challenge, wherein I would post funny posts each day for 30 days.
As the tendency of many, I tend to take on too much – when the true desire of my heart is both simplicity and service.
Part of being ‘Smart’ when setting goals, is knowing when I need to shift gears. I’m already in the midst of many challenges for the month of November.
- Healing from giving natural, unmedicated childbirth, complete with the wide range of emotions the postpartum experience entails.
- Learning to be a Mommy to my newborn daughter while staying connected to my husband and family.
- Finishing my latest eBook, ‘Smart Goals: Planning a Year of Cool and Easy Success.’ I have recently completed the first draft which is a big accomplishment in itself.
- Maintaining the Smart Goals Society and the life coaching clients therein.
I do love humor, however, I require quality of life too. The lesson in this experience is to refocus my energy on my priorities and let go of things that no longer serve my long term goals.
As a result I will be letting go of the Laughter Journal Challenge.
However, I will do the following:
- Prioritize my health so I can regain the level of fitness and ability I mastered before pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Love my daughter, husband and family with the undivided attention they deserve.
- Support and encourage the members of the Smart Goals Society through our monthly phone sessions.
We have the power to choose what kind of life we lead. Our responsibility is in seizing our ability to choose. Remember this power as we work through the election transition; As we head into the holidays.
Acknowledge what is important to you. Focus your energy on the priorities you hold dear. Enjoy the quality of your life.