I have had 36 incredible experiences during the past 10 years.
This year – 2017 – should be your very best. It’s time to get ahead. In addition to recommending my new eBook, Smart Goals: Planning a Year of Cool and Easy Success, I’m going to share my #1 Secret to claiming an amazing year.
Additionally, there are 3 non-optional questions you need to ask yourself to begin deciphering what is most important. These questions are asked toward the bottom of this post.
Before we get to that… First and foremost…
The single, most effective strategy for achieving all you want during the year, is to write it down.
Each year, I write down 10 things I want to experience. No matter how crazy or outlandish they might sound, I guarantee it increases the chance of those experiences happening if I write them down.
Since 2007, one of my best friend’s and I began by creating dream notebooks rather and visualization boards. While intimidated by the magnificence of the power we held over our own life, once the idea settled in, we embraced it and ran, starting with our 10 resolutions for the year.
Some of my goals have been small and others has stretched me further than I believed possible.
Here is a list of 36 incredible experiences I’ve had since beginning this tradition and what could be possible for you too:
- Hiked Horsetail Falls
- Hiked Mount Tallac
- Became an Artist
- Explored Mexico
- Wrote a novel, Befriending Death
- Backpacked in India
- Touched the Taj Majal
- Enjoyed Starbucks in Hong Kong
- Donated over 100 inches of hair over 4 separate visits
- Cruised to Mexico
- Walked the Sky Walk at the Grand Canyon
- Changed careers
- Went on a Book Tour in an Ice Bar
- My Dad Experienced a Miracle and Lived
- Hiked Half Dome (Twice)
- Survived a Landslide
- Wrote my first memoir, Finding Yourself in a Suitcase
- Became Debt-Free
- Read over 200 books
- Learned to Cook (Especially Well)
- Simplified my life, cleared clutter and became a minimalist
- Cruised the Rhine River in Europe
- Had over 500,000 Blog Visits
- Completed a 440 mile Pilgrimage in Spain, the Camino de Santiago
- Wrote a second memoir, Riding the Camino Dragon.
- Hugged Mooji, a world-famous Jamaican guru who lives in Portugal
- I fell in love with a wonderful man who I’d known for years
- Got engaged, planned and executed a beautiful and memorable Wedding and Honeymoon
- Spent a week in Tahiti
- Explored Madrid and Barcleona, Spain
- Became pregnant on the first try.
- Cruised the Rhine River exploring Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Germany, and France along with castles, museums and paying respect at WWII monuments.
- Successfully carried and gave natural, unmedicated birth to a beautiful daughter.
- Assisted my husband in having the best year ever – from a business standpoint.
- My sixth book, Smart Goals: Planning a Year of Cool and Easy Success came out.
- Smart Goals hit #11 in the category of Problem Solving and Decision Making and #18 in Marriage and Family on Amazon.
No one else.
If you have a dream no one else understands, pursue it anyway.
In getting clear about what you want this year, I invite you to take a little ‘soul’ time. First thing when you wake up, grab some tea or coffee (warm drink of your preference) and take a quiet moment for yourself. Contemplate what will make you come alive this year. In this moment of silence and solitude, ask the following 3 questions.
Here are 3 non-optional questions to ask to get ahead in 2017:
- One year from now, where do you want to be?
- What needs to happen in order for you to be there?
- What can you do to get the ball rolling?
Here’s what I do not want to see: One year from now, you are in the same place. Wishing you were where you wanted to go, but sitting in the exact same place.
What would that feel like if you were in the same place, 5 years from now?
If you are in a blissful state – yes! I love it. If you don’t like where you are… it’s time to make a change.
We cannot let another year slip by. The world cannot move forward without your piece of the puzzle.
Reach to get ahead in 2017.
Own it. Protect it. Preserve it. Produce it.
If you need the help of a supportive community, you are invited to join the Smart Goals Society. The entire purpose of the group is help you reach your goals as fast and safely as possible.
One Final Tip before I go… Once you know what you want… Commit to it. Commitment is power. Whether you are committing to love, to reaching your full potential, to personal growth, to becoming better in any way, or finding fulfillment… what you are seeking… what you want… Commit. You owe it to yourself.
I’m working on my list right now.
What’s on your list for this year? Please share in the comments below.